name

Harlow Ekenalee Alyce Rocketfield

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Picture Pages & Gender

I seriously don't know how the ultrasound techs do it! Everything kind of looks like a blob at first and right away, they can tell you exactly what you're looking at... veins and ventricles and all! Craziness I tell you, but gosh I do love those days when I can watch my baby move, jump, grow, and do cute little things to make my heart melt already!!

So I thought we'd share our ultrasound journey thus far...


13 wks

Baby "Elmer" Rocketfield's first profile shot at 13 wks
 (legs were tucked under)

"Hey Everyone, check out my growing brain!"
-kind of a weird and crazy picture but so neat at the same time.


19 wks

couldn't tell the gender due to position, but we got what the tech said was a "rare shot" of the two feet together (no, toes aren't long as heck, it's kind of like a 'double shot').

here's one of my favorites, the right picture is our baby literally making the "I LOVE YOU" sign in sign language!!

it's a beautiful thing to be able to count all your babies fingers and toes from one visit to the doctors... i can't wait to hold these sweet little hands!

...this little piggy went to market... 
ohhh look at those widdle bitty toesie woesies!! lol



So here's the story of the gender scan...
We went in at 19 wks (with the girls) to find out what baby Elmer was... but baby Elmer had it's head towards my belly and bum towards my back! The tech was trying to move/turn the baby by pushing, having me lay on each side for a while, and then I went to my dr. appt, drank some soda, and came back to try again... NOTHING! The one good thing about it was that she also didn't get one of the measurements she needs (for the heart) so I'd for sure have to come back in. They tried to say "4 wks" but ohhhh no could I wait that long! So we went in a week later. That afternoon Jonny "spanked" my belly to tell the baby he was upset that he/she didn't let us see lol . He also kept saying to my belly "show your weiner next week" ummm yeah... of course I let him know it may not have one and that he could be hurting HER feelings. hahaha

here's me trying to drink up some soda in hopes baby would move...



Well we went back a week later (without the girls due to Jonny getting stressed out from Dalis' hyper nature) and as soon as she put that little probe on my lower belly... BAM... it's a GIRL! hahaha ohhhh Jonny's face said it all. I actually felt bad that he didn't get his boy even though it's literally ALL HIM! When we called our families, their first reactions were to laugh... all of them... lol. But since then it has totally changed and I am loving expecting a girl! I got to name her after very important women in my life, we've realized it will be a much easier transition for everyone (especially the girls) since we wont have to deal with power rangers and thomas the train, and now the girls can teach her lots of life lessons they've already been through when they get older! I think it'll be sweet.. our little girl. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment