name

Harlow Ekenalee Alyce Rocketfield

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Human Crock-Pot

In being a human crock-pot, pregnancy comes with a lot of ups and downs! I thought I'd share some pregnancy memories thus far... the good, the bad, and the ugly.

-during my entire first semester and the beginning of my second I was nausious a LOT and it seemed as though every day (no matter what) as soon as I came home from work I'd be feeling sick until i fell asleep... poor Jonny. I wouldn't get sick, I'd just feel sick and bloated all evening long. Fun!

-It seemed as though baby didn't like anything other than water and milk, if i tried juice or tea or anything... my belly hurt, more.

-baby didn't like citrus, or i'd feel sick, and later on healthy foods like peas and apples make me have heartburn! lol

-around wk 18 i started asking my pregnant friend about what fetal movements felt like, by week 19 I knew for sure that what i felt was my little womb hijacker!

-a couple weeks after the first movements I was in the shower and noticed I could watch my belly jump around... so by about 22 weeks others could enjoy watching babies acrobatics while i felt them!

-at one point I'm sure many first-time-moms get a bit of a reality check and slightly freak! lol I have worked with children for years and have wanted one as well, but it wasn't until my mother and I were texting back and forth about baby items just after my friend Ashley gave birth and i had the "oh my gosh! I'm gonna be a mom! I don't know if i'm ready! What if I'm a bad one!" moment... i got slightly emotional which I don't really do, and then pulled it together! I just wanna be a good mommy! lol

-baby Rocketfield likes to "lay low" and by low i mean... below my bikini line and kicks away, Jonny thinks it's weird because then she'll be kicking up around my belly button. I'm pretty sure she's trying to work on her swimming skills while in my womb! But on these days (which is more than less) it makes it hard to 1. wear real pants and 2. sit... because she's right in the sitting crease! Move Up Baby! There's room!

-yoga pants have become a close friend of mine. And just recently I got myself a pair of maternity jeans. Both of these are far more comfortable than regular jeans that's for sure... but since I have big thighs and no hips... i have to keep yanking up my maternity jeans so that I don't look like a "5 year old child" as Jonny calls it (since the crotch part will start to fall down and sag) hahaha! I just don't understand why pregnant women bother wearing normal jeans their entire pregnancy... maybe it's for the "little" ones and those who's little beans don't like to lay low?!?!

-you never know what kind of pregnant woman you'll be. I knew I'd most likely gain weight everywhere, but was of course wishing I'd be one of those "all belly" kind of ladies... nope! AND I have to eat pretty consistently or i feel sick, which makes me gain weight even faster. And then, once I did start getting a belly, it also made me a little wider as well... great! BUT I must say I do love it. I love watching my belly grow. I love looking in the mirror and seeing it become slightly bigger and more round as each week passes. And I know my baby is healthy and growing. :)

...I'm just gonna enjoy this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment