There are many things that cross my mind when I think of being a human crock-pot and the most recent has been my thoughts on how babies start out like fish... breathing liquids!! That seems to crazy to me, but then as soon as they officially come into the world and hit air BAM, they take a breath of oxygen! It's amazing. So I thought I'd cover some of my "I think this is craziness" thoughts on pregnancy and growing a little womb monster...
The fact that your uterus starts down low and ends up at your ribs from being so big... crazy!
and to follow that up, that your body can totally move around your insides and squish them till baby comes and you're -for the most part- just fine... Crazy! (I'd just like to add how weird it is that when I'm full my belly gets round near my ribs and i get a little wider as well instead of just a protruding tummy lol... there's no where else for it to go i guess with baby and placenta and all that taking up the middle!)
feeling a human moving around within yourself... Crazy! (but i love it!) It's kind of like the movie alien at times, looking like it may come out.
the fact that this baby starts as a poppy seed by 3-4 weeks and ends the size of a watermelon... Crazy!
ummmm can we talk about how your body just knows what to do and how you dilate to 10 cm?!?! 10.... for real?!?! yeah... Crazy! -thank goodness our lady parts are able to go back to normal... also Crazy! lol
I think it's amazing that this tiny little thing growing within has all these defenses already... like the white cottage-cheese looking stuff babies are covered in when they come out that has been protecting their delicate skin while fattening up called Vernix... Crazy!
giving birth after birth -and not to a baby...Crazy!
I read that the pain of childbirth is similar to 20 bones fracturing at the same time, and yet, we think it's worth it still... Crazy! Crazy that we're THAT TOUGH... and men think they are! HA!
ok i think that's enough food for thought right now... but i can certainly update as we go ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment